Celebration is an attentive and gracious joy of presence. When you celebrate, you are taking time to recognize, to open your eyes and behold in your life the quiet miracles and gifts that seek no attention; yet each day they nourish, shelter, and animate your life. The art of belonging in, with, and to your self is what gives life and light to your presence; it brings a radiance to your countenance and poise to your carriage. When your heart is content, your life can always find the path inwards to this deep stillness in you.
— John O’Donohue from Eternal Echoes
Advent 2019 – Comfort & Joy
Preparing for Christmas
- A Sacred Season
- Not All Who Wander Are Lost
- Walk, Don’t Run
- Practising Peace In Times of War
- An Open and Growing Heart
- Our Real Work
- The Medicine That Lives In A Story
- The Deeper My Joy
- For Mercy’s Sake
- Oneness With Love
- Don’t Hesitate
- When the Well Runs Dry
- Season of Listening
- Choose Joy
- Second Sight
- Awakening To Your Heart
- Harnessing The Power Of Love
- Bearing Witness
- Creator of the Stars
- Sanctuaries That Emerge From The Magnificent Stream (Winter Solstice)
- The Dawn Is Coming
- Joy Is Within Our Reach
Thank you for sharing your advent journey with me.
And as with prayer, which is a dipping of oneself toward the light, there is a consequence of attentiveness to the grass itself, and the sky itself, and to the floating bird. I too leave the fret and enclosure of my own life. I too dip myself toward the immeasurable.
— Mary Oliver from Winter Hours
- Guide to Advent 2019
- 2018 Advent Daily Meditations
- 2017 Advent Daily Meditations
- Keeping Advent Simple
- Seeking the Light: Advent Prayers
- What if Christmas Doesn’t Come from a Store
- Why, This Is Christmas Day!
- Grace Before Christmas Dinner
- A Christmas Blessing
- Christmas Prayer
Will you help? You can help this site by making a contribution here. Your ongoing support makes this site possible and helps me to continue posting.