Life is a constant Advent season: we are continually waiting to become, to discover, to complete, to fulfill. Hope, struggle, fear, expectation and fulfillment are all part of our Advent experience. The world is not as just, not as loving, not as whole as we know it can and should be. But the coming of Christ and his presence among us—as one of us—give us reason to live in hope: that light will shatter the darkness, that we can be liberated from our fears and prejudices, that we are never alone or abandoned. May this Advent season be a time for bringing hope, transformation and fulfillment into the Advent of our lives. — CONNECTIONS, 11-28-93
Advent: a Pilgrimage of Anticipation with Paula D’Arcy
The ancient roots of Advent involve the basic rhythms of the seasons, slowing down in the dark, cold winter months to invoke the return of the warmth and brightness of the summer sun. This course follows the same model of anticipation, but we won’t rush the process. Western culture tends to over-burden this season with the hustle and bustle of shopping malls, frantic ringing of Salvation Army bells, airports crammed with impatient travelers, and a hectic pace of holiday concerts and parties that can drain the life out of us, much less cultivate joy.
Paula D’Arcy Interview hosted by Kate Sheehan Roach (Contemplative Journal)
Paula D’Arcy has touched countless lives with her deeply personal spiritual teaching. Her books include Gift of the Red Bird: The Story of a Divine Encounter, which shares the story of Paula’s vision quest and Song for Sarah: A Mother’s Journey Through Grief and Beyond, a collection of letters written before and after her daughter’s death, among many other inspiring spiritual books including A New Set of Eyes: Encountering the Hidden God.
This online course brings together the best of Paula D’Arcy’s inspired writings with her down-to-earth teachings. Throughout the season of Advent, from Sunday, November 30th to Wednesday, December 24th, you will receive a daily message from Paula based on her well-loved devotional Daybreaks: Daily Reflections for Advent and Christmas.
By enrolling in Advent: a Pilgrimage of Anticipation you’ll be assured of a gentle daily reminder of the great opportunities for spiritual growth contained in the larger meaning of this season as you receive Paula’s inspirational teaching and reflect on your own experience, insight, and wisdom. The course event will include:
- Daily email reflections from Paula November 30th to December 24th
- Weekly writing prompts and spiritual practices
- Two live teleconferences with Paul D’Arcy (7PM central time on December 3rd & 17th)
- Interactive student forum available 24/7
- Engage in spiritual practices and writing exercises designed to deepen your spiritual awareness
- Treat yourself to the Advent gifts of peace, hope, joy, and love
This online class is one payment of US$49.99.
- More information here: http://contemplativeclasses.com/
- Sign up here: http://contemplativeclasses.com/enroll-now/
Books by Paula D’Arcy
- Gift of the Red Bird: The Story of a Divine Encounter
- Song for Sarah: A Mother’s Journey Through Grief and Beyond
- A New Set of Eyes: Encountering the Hidden God
- Seeking with All My Heart: Encountering God’s Presence Today
- Sacred Threshold: Crossing the Inner Barrier to a Deeper Love
- Waking Up to This Day: Seeing the Beauty Right Before Us
- A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life (audiobook)